Product Description & Reviews
This #600 flat bottom Clifton Spokeshave is made from virtually unbreakable spheridal graphite/malleable iron. All surfaces are finished and polished to give maximum comfort in the hand. The weight and balance of the tool permits the Spokeshave to sit firmly on the wood so that only a stroking action is required to make it cut. The firm seating iron and fine adjustment allow precise adjustments in the depth of cut. The blade is made from cryogenically treated 01 steel, is 2 inches wide and a full 0.125 inches (3 mm) thick. Weighs in at a full 16 ounces. Sole is 1 inch wide. Overall length is 9 ½ inches.
Features & Highlights
- Made by Thomas Flinn of Sheffield England the last traditional saw and plane maker in the UK
- Flat bottom spokeshave with fine blade adjustment mechanism
- Made from virtually unbreakable spheridal graphite/malleable iron
- Blade made from cryogenically treated 01 steel, is 2" wide, is a full 0.125" (3 mm) and thick hardened to RC 60-62
- Weighs in at 16 ounces; Sole is 1" wide; Overall length is 9 ½"
|Manufacturer:||Thomas Flinn and Company LTD|
|Publisher:||Thomas Flinn and Company LTD|
|Studio:||Thomas Flinn and Company LTD|
|Package Weight:||1.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||5 x 1.75 x 1.75 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.