Product Description & Reviews
This #4 smoothing plane is the perfect tool to smooth surfaces and will achieve a flat and smooth finish. This smoother is ideal for the cabinet maker and discerning woodworker. The body and frog are made from tough ductile cast iron. The sole and sides are precision machined to within 0.003" over the entire length of the sole. The knob and tote are carefully shaped, sanded, oiled and hand-rubbed Sapele. The 0.125 inch thick and 2 inch wide tool steel iron is hardened and tempered to 55-60 Rockwell C. This plane has appropriate mass and weighs in at 4.11 pounds. The frog can be adjusted forward and back. The lever cap is made from plated cast iron. Cap iron screws and adjusting wheels are made from polished brass. The Yoke is a solid one piece casting. Bed angle is 45 degrees.
Features & Highlights
- Body and frog made from nearly indestructible ductile cast iron
- Tote and knob are made from premium grade oiled and hand-rubbed Sapele
- Iron is 0.120" thick and 2" wide and made from tool steel hardened and tempered to 55-60
- Sole precision ground to within the British Standard of 0.003" over the entire length
- Overall length 9-3/4" and 2-1/2" wide, overall weight 4.11 pounds
|Package Weight:||5.1 pounds|
|Package Size:||9.3 x 4 x 4 inches|
Have questions about this item, or would like to inquire about a custom or bulk order?
If you have any questions about this product, contact us by completing and submitting the form below. If you are looking for a specif part number, please include it with your message.
By Rockler Woodworking and Hardware
mpn: TAFF8801R, ean: 0733175204729,